Why does a fitness trainer need Facebook? At the moment, this social network is a leader in its niche. While most of the smaller social networks are leading only in local markets, this social network holds the lead and continues to grow literally all over the world. More and more people are connecting to it, more and more thematic communities are being created here, the widest functionality for communication, advertising and promotion for both large business and personal brand is presented here. In this article we’ll talk about why you must register here.
In order for you to understand the scale of this social network, I will provide some statistical information that will make you think that it’s probably worth to create an account here. Facebook is in the top 5 traffic sites around the world. The number of active users by mid-2017 amounted to 2 billion people. The Facebook mobile app is used by more than 1 billion people. Every day, all over the world, this social network is used by more than 720 million people who publish more than 300 million photos, leave more than 6 billion comments, make more than 8 billion views of video content and observe more than 1 trillion pages. Impressive, isn’t it!
By the way, Facebook is the owner of the Instagram application, which it acquired in 2012 for cash and other assets, for a total of $ 1 billion. I explained what an Instagram is, why does a fitness trainer need it and how to use it competently in the articles “Why does a fitness trainer need Instagram” and “How to use Instagram”.
Why Facebook is so popular
Facebook is therefore a world leader among social networks because it has at its core three innovative solutions laid down in its foundation at the initial stage of development. The first is affiliation, the second is exclusivity and the third is engagement. Let us dwell on them in more detail.
- Affiliation. From the very beginning, Facebook was precisely a closed social network with Harvard University email address for its students. Filtering algorithms made it possible to clearly determine the membership of new users in a given educational institution and to identify those who were not its students. Seems like something very important, so what? Why is it so meaningful? Because users of a social network lose interest in it in case if its quality is decreased by presence of strangers.
- Exclusivity. The next unique decision at that time was to limit the number of universities of social network participants. As the number of servers increased, so did the number of universities that had access to participation. The growth of the network’s volume and the gradual inclusion of more and more educational institutions in it created a halo of a certain elite club around Facebook, to be a member of which was considered at that time and even now as a prestigious privilege.
- Engagement. The third fundamental decision was the creation of conditions for the constant retention of user interest. Facebook not only allowed you to observe photos, videos or messages sent to you, but also made it possible to see what actions people from your friends list are doing. Whom they added as friends, which of them posted photos, articles, links etc. In other words, it was well-known to all of us now, but at that time a completely revolutionary phenomenon called “news feed”.
All these three factors at the initial stage of the formation of this social network created a whole stir around it. Even after Facebook became available to literally everyone, the atmosphere of affiliation, exclusivity and engagement was entrenched in him as a fait accompli and, by inertia, continues to attract more and more new users.
Why does a fitness trainer need Facebook
To begin, think about what will help your readers, subscribers, or customers to become better, work more efficiently, earn more, maintain motivation, achieve goals, and so on. And write about it. If you can’t generate any of your own thoughts on this or that topic, look for experts in this field and repost their content on your wall. But don’t get carried away with it, ultimately your value as a specialist grows only if you publish your own unique content.
If you, as a fitness trainer, want to attract new customers to yourself using a social network, remember that by reposting from someone else’s page, you attract customers not to yourself, but to the author of the publication. That’s why in your position it’s important not what someone said, but what you said. What matters is what exactly you think about this or that fact. What’s important is your experience, your knowledge and your skills. What’s meaningful is your authoritative point of view.
Even if you are just starting your career path, just start doing it. As a trainer, you already have some experience, and you already know more about training, nutrition, recovery and motivation than your clients, whom you train personally. If you’re a gym trainer – write about how strength exercises affect the strengthening of the muscle corset. If you’re a group class trainer, write about how Zumba or Tabata affects the fat burning process. If you’re an aqua zone trainer, write about how swimming affects the cardiovascular system. Everything is really very simple. Write about your occupation.
What Facebook can give to the fitness trainer
- It gives you the opportunity to stand out among competitors or colleagues. And this is not even about the fact that they are not on Facebook, but you are. I’m talking about that you can customize the look and information content of your page. See how the best in your profession do it and try to do it better.
- With help of it, you can both communicate with present customers, and find new ones who are outside of your usual circle of friends. Facebook recommends you to the friends of your friends and they can see your publications. So, even those who didn’t know about your existence can subscribe on you.
- Your social Facebook page with a competent approach is an indicator of your expertise. Depending on what you publish, people will evaluate your publications, draw up their own point of view about you and make decisions about whether to listen to your opinion, to use your services or buy your products or not.
- You can join various thematic groups and communities, within which you can make new business contacts, create joint projects and also join to the existing ones. You can collectively discuss ideas, solve problems, find solutions, launch startups, seek and receive funding, and grow your business and not only.
- At a distance of just one click away from you are all well-known and popular specialists, professionals and experts in their field. They all have been using Facebook for a long time. It gives you the opportunity to follow them, subscribe on them, chat with them and share photos, books, films, podcasts and more.
How else can Facebook be useful
You can use Facebook to keep abreast of the latest news and events in the fitness industry, to meet new people, create your own publications, attract attention, interest, rate, share, communicate and more. With each new person who has subscribed on you or has added you as a friend, you get access to his subscribers. If your contact list has 100 friends, each of whom also has 100 friends, in fact you get the opportunity to influence 10 thousand people, each of which can become your potential client.
The only question is whether you want or whether you can reach them with your content. Your goal is to create unique, interesting, and useful content that your friends consider important enough to share with their friends. Your level of influence is determined not so much by the circle of people whom you know, but by the size of the audience that knows you.
Facebook is a truly unique story about how success generates even greater success. The more people registering in it, the more other people feel a need to do the same. This is called a network effect. If all or at least most of your friends and acquaintances use Facebook, then with a high level of probability you will also begin to use it. Each of your friends, like each other friend of your friend, is your potential client. And of course, you should be where your customers are. No one will argue with the fact that in the leading by the number of users social network, there are most of them. So the conclusion is simple – you can’t find a better place to create, run and develop your business than on Facebook.
Author – Felix Palmer