How to use Facebook? Since most people still perceive Facebook exclusively as a social network for communication and entertainment, I suggest you be one step ahead of your competitors and use this social network to create and develop your personal brand as a fitness trainer. In this article we will talk about how to use Facebook to promote your business and what you will need to do this.
In a previous article about “Why does a fitness trainer need Facebook”, I talked why it is a leader among many other social networks, what advantages it has and what opportunities it provides for developing your personal brand. Now you know that Facebook is a great platform to stand out from competitors, establish new business contacts, find new customers, launch and grow your business, and not only. Today, in continuation of previous article, I will talk about how to use Facebook correctly, so that all these advantages become available to you. To do this, just follow the rules below.
TIP. By the way, as I mentioned in previous article, Facebook is the owner of the Instagram. I explained what an Instagram is, why does a fitness trainer need it and how to use it competently in the articles “Why does a fitness trainer need Instagram” and “How to use Instagram”. I recommend you to get acquainted with them.
How to use Facebook
- Create your business profile. Before you start reaping the benefits of being on Facebook, you first need to register in it. Post your photo, create a beautiful and informative cover and add all the necessary information about yourself to the profile description so that people entering your account understand who you are, what you do and what you can offer to them.
- Be active in your account. In order to be noticed, you must constantly generate unique, useful and interesting content. It’s quite simple to choose the topic of publications – define your key competencies, that is, those areas in which you are either good or better than others and create relevant content. Write articles about it, shoot videos, take photos or record podcasts.
- Share your expert opinion. Don’t be afraid to express your point of view on this or that topic. If you participate in a discussion that is directly related to your professional activities, you have every right to voice your point of view. People always compare, evaluate and analyze, therefore, before making a conclusion or choice, it is important for them to know the maximum number of opinions.
- Help people solve problems. When someone in the comments to the publication or in the notes describes their problem, use the “reply” button and offer your own solution. By clicking the “answer” button, you demonstrate to the person that you are distinguishing him from the total mass of users, which creates a feeling of trust to you. The answer button works great for you and your reputation.
- Join thematic groups. Choose the group or community that interests you, or concerns your professional activity, join and actively participate in it. So you firstly let others know about yourself, secondly, give people a chance to evaluate you as a specialist, thirdly, you can communicate with other specialists in your industry and fourthly, you will keep abreast of the events.
- Create your own group. If your level of competency in the professional field allows you to share your knowledge and your experience, create your own group on interests. If you are not just an ordinary consumer of content, but can generate it by yourself, this will significantly increase the level of trust to you as to a specialist, which in turn will increase your reputation and recognition.
- Look for not only people, but also companies. It can be fitness clubs, sports nutrition stores, online communities or media networks with which you would like to cooperate, in which you would like to get a job or to whom you would like to offer your goods or services. Use Facebook to find out as much information as you can about the companies, employers or jobs you are interested in.
- Always reply to private messages. Any communication, comments or answers on Facebook can always develop over time either into new business contacts, or into new customers, or into new opportunities for earning and more. In any case, all this becomes possible if you timely respond to those who write to you. If you ignore messages, you will have a negative reputation.
- Add presentations to your profile. Visual information is always very well perceived and remembered. Use the capabilities of PowerPoint and / or Photoshop to make your page look as attractive and informative as possible. Create a presentation with your achievements, with your portfolio, with the prices of your goods or services and of course with your contacts.
- Add video content to your profile. Of course, one of the best ways to be noticed is to make a video in which you can talk about yourself, why you are an expert in your field, how you came to this, how you can be useful to other people and what’s the price of your goods or services. The video shows you as an open person, which automatically inspires confidence in you.
- Periodically update your status. Facebook statuses are a kind of message for your audience about what you are currently experiencing, what worries or disturbs you. Original statuses can both activate your present subscribers and attract new ones. Come up with a challenging, intriguing or mysterious status and people will definitely want to know what all this means.
- Advertise your business page. If you have accounts on several social networks, if you have your own blog, channel or you are recording podcasts, be sure to mention your Facebook page everywhere or leave links to it. Talk about why you should be subscribed to, why your content is unique, useful and interesting, and encourage others to also share your content or links to you.
- Add a portfolio to your page. Facebook provides you with literally unlimited multimedia options for publishing content and showcasing your achievements. Tell about your successes, where you worked, what you have achieved, what books you published, how many articles you wrote on your subject, how many video lessons you shot and how you have changed someone’s life.
- Connect accounts from other networks. If you are registered and also actively maintain pages on other social or media networks, microblogs or applications, if possible, combine all these accounts. This will significantly expand the level of your influence and the circle of subscribers, since each social network is a separate source of traffic and sometimes different target audience.
- Use the Facebook search engine. The internal search engine on Facebook uses similar search algorithms as large search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Yandex and so on. Use key queries from search engines in your publications, create unique thematic hashtags and it will become easier for people to search and find you, which will increase your popularity and authority.
Consistent and methodical compliance with all the above rules with a high degree of probability in the shortest possible time will increase your rating on the network, your recognition and the level of trust in you and your personal brand. Facebook currently has the most advanced and widest functionality, which creates the best conditions for advertising, promoting and popularizing your business. Now you know how to use Facebook properly. Now you also know that this is not just a social network for entertainment, but a full-fledged and multi-functional ecosystem for creating, running and scaling up a business, and all that remains for you to do is to start acting.
Author – Felix Palmer