Why does a fitness trainer need Instagram? For what purpose can the trainer use this platform for posting photos, what functions does it have and what opportunities does it provide? What’s the point of constantly photographing yourself, your work, your hobby, and so on, and putting it on public observing? And most importantly, what are the benefits of a fitness trainer having an active account on Instagram. Let’s figure it out.
Let’s start with the fact that the Internet and social networks are attracting more and more users over the years and are already becoming a part of everyday life. For many, publishing texts, videos or photographs on social networks right now is the same day to day activity as wiping your feet on entrance, washing your hands before eating, or brushing your teeth before going to sleep. Moreover, the audience of social networks is constantly expanding and now having the account on Instagram is no longer the prerogative of exclusively young people. Now it is something that everybody needs to have.
What is an Instagram? This is a free application for creating, editing and posting photos and videos in which you can both publish your content and follow the publications of those Instagram users that you are subscribed to. It also has the ability to send private messages, you can mark other people, leave comments, indicate the geolocation where exactly the picture or video was taken and even conduct live broadcasts. And this is not a complete list of its functions. So let’s move forward.
Benefits of the Instagram
- Attractiveness. Instagram is attractive to a fitness trainer because it has a lot of niches. At the time of its appearance, it was a kind of unexplored layer of information that everyone used as best he could or how he could. Over time, interest groups began to form there, quite specific algorithms of work and promotion developed, and Instagram began to transform into a full-fledged marketing platform.
- Mobility. The more people use the Internet, post and share various materials and publications, the more actively the volume of traffic on the network grows. In order to keep abreast of the latest news, trends and publications, you must always be online. However, you cannot sit at the computer all the time or even carry a laptop with you, but you always have a smartphone with you, and Instagram is primarily a mobile application.
- Simplicity. The user activity on Instagram is much higher than that of any other social network. This is due to the fact that multifunctional and complex social networks provide the user with a significant range of functions that he can use, which scatter his attention and disperse actions. Instagram allows you to actually only post, like and comment, which significantly increases user activity.
- Convenience. The application is user friendly. It’s easy to install, easy to use, easy in function, design, settings and so on. The application interface is intuitive, and the functionality has a fairly low entry threshold, which allows even a novice to quickly and easily understand and explain to other novices how the Instagram works. Simplicity is another factor that attracts more and more users to this platform.
- Popularity. Instagram is now very, very popular, literally all over the world. By the end of 2010, the Instagram audience totaled 1 million people, by the middle of 2011 – 5 million, by March 2012 reached the mark of 30 million, at the beginning of 2013, 100 million users had already been registered, and this figure increasing significantly every year. Instagram is cool, fashionable, interesting and useful.
Why does a fitness trainer need Instagram
The popularity of Instagram is so great and obvious at the moment that literally everyone uses it, from schoolchildren and teachers to actors, politicians and Olympic champions. People are interested in following the life and activity of other people, so they subscribe to those who are either interesting or useful, or both. Now let’s think about what conclusions an ordinary user can draw from this. “If a person does something that is interesting or useful to others, then if I’ll start to do something that is interesting or useful to others, they will begin to subscribe on me.” Is it logical? For hundred percent!
Now let’s talk more specifically. If you are a fitness trainer, your benefit to society is that you know more objectively than others about how to exercise, how to eat properly, how to recover after training, and how to maintain motivation. And from here we can conclude that if you create an account on Instagram and become an active user, that is, you will not only view other people’s content, but also publish your own – you are guaranteed to find your target audience that will subscribe on you.
Cognitive, useful and interesting content always attracts attention. If you publish photos or videos on Instagram that are directly related to your professional activity, you thereby confirm your expertise in this field. I emphasize that people perceive expertness only if you work in this industry, worked earlier, or have achieved certain titles, merits and achievements in sports, otherwise you simply will not be perceived as a specialist.
What Instagram can give to the fitness trainer
In the article “Why does a fitness trainer need social media”, I talked about the fact that social networks are a new form of media and Instagram application is no exception. Moreover – it is one of the flagships among the applications that form public opinion. If you, as a creator of the content, can appear on Instagram and declare yourself as a person who is an expert in a specific field, you will thereby form an information field around you that will affect people and primarily your subscribers.
One of the main reasons why many trainers haven’t yet used this application is that they still have little idea of its potential as a platform for promoting their personal brand. Social networks are still perceived only as a kind of platform for communication or entertainment, although in fact, they have long been a full-fledged marketing platform for promoting both corporate and personal business.
So, first of all, you can use the Instagram to let people know about you. Who you are, what you do and what you can offer to them. Next, you can create and promote your personal brand. Why you can be considered as an expert, why you are better than other trainers, and finally, how much does your services cost. As you already understood, Instagram gives to the fitness trainer recognition, and this is a direct way for him to attract new customers and increase his earnings.
What else you should know about Instagram
Instagram, like any other social network, gives you a lot of tools to promote your personal brand, but the fundamental principle of any active user is to be a content maker – creator and generator of new ideas, suggestions, solutions, and so on. Only the ability to create and share something makes Instagram in your hands not just a useless toy, but a real business tool. The best way to get started is to start publishing your own content. This is the cornerstone in creating an atmosphere of trust and a sense of security towards you and your brand.
Share in your publications information about who you are and what you do. It can be, for example, short videos from training sessions with your clients, it can be some news of the fitness industry, photos from a seminar or exhibition that you attended and not only. Make this information publicly available. Let other people know about yourself and among them will surely appear those who will listen to your opinion and use your services.
People are constantly searching and comparing literally anything, from the best varieties of pasta to the best dental offices in walking distance. In the same way, they choose trainers. If you are on the Internet, if you can be found and your profile can be evaluated by surfing photos on Instagram, be sure that your chances of getting a client will be significantly higher comparing to those trainers who are not using the Instagram.
Today, social networks provide a lot of opportunities for those who want to become popular and promote their personal brand or just their services on the Internet. The advantage of the Instagram application is that it is attractive, popular, simple, mobile and has a very active audience. These are the five points that I talked about at the beginning. Among the specific tools, it gives the first – recognition, the second – the ability to promote yourself and your goods or services.
You don’t need millions of users to see your posts. It’s enough for your potential customers to see them, even if there are only few of them. Your Instagram account should work for you. Its task is to attract attention to itself. You don’t have to search for customers through the network – let them find you by themselves. The most important thing here is to understand that you should become important, people should want to use your services, and this is possible only if you are ready to give something to them. Something that confirms your experience and your knowledge in this area. Create unique, useful and interesting content, be active in your account, engage in its promotion and you will attract lots of potential customers.
Author – Felix Palmer