Conducting a presentation with a client is directly the cornerstone that stands at the head of almost any deal. As you remember, a phone is needed to the administrator not for sales, but for making appointments, and the meeting itself in turn is already needs to be conducted in order to close a deal. Thus, taking into account the information consistently presented in my previous articles, we came to the logical continuation of the topic of meetings with clients in a fitness club.
The first thing to keep in mind is that the presentation always takes place simultaneously with the clarification and formation of the client’s needs. If earlier, during a telephone conversation, these needs were already skillfully formed by you, then, during the presentation with a client, you need to show him only what he is interested in. However, the course of the presentation also depends on how familiar a person is with the club system, whether he is a beginner or already has an understanding what the fitness club is. One way or another, during the presentation, you must adhere to the following rules.
Show the benefits
Any product or service always has its own distinctive characteristics. In case of a fitness club, this can be a convenient location in the city, the presence of parking, a large gym, a long pool, branded equipment, many classes and so on. But here I want to make a small remark. It’s important to present not the fact of the presence of certain factors itself, but the benefits that they bring. During the presentation with a client, it is necessary not only to talk about these factors, but also to speak about the benefits in order to deliver to the client all the exclusivity of the choice of this concrete fitness club. Below I’ll give some popular examples of how to do it properly.
- Factor: convenient location. Benefit: you don’t have to spend a lot of time moving around the city, because our club is located next to all major transport interchanges.
- Factor: presence of parking. Benefit: if you plan to get to the club by personal transport, we have a parking lot, so you don’t have to look for a place where you can leave the car.
- Factor: large area. Benefit: the area of our club is more than 1000 square meters, so you can comfortably engage in any kind of fitness regardless of the time of day.
Eliminate the negative
A special skill for the administrator is the ability to turn disadvantages into advantages. When during the presentation with a client, he doesn’t like or doesn’t understand something, he tries to present it in a negative light. It’s important to understand that if a client speaks badly about something, this doesn’t mean at all that it really is. Your task is to learn how to redirect his negativity into a positive direction and here are some examples of how it should be done.
- Argument: inconvenient location. Counterargument: thanks to this, in our club you can never see any crowds, even in the evening hours, therefore it’s always very comfortable to exercise here.
- Argument: small pool. Counterargument: it’s quite cozy and allows you to relax perfectly after a working day. There it’s easier to maintain the temperature, easier to clean the water and easier to change it.
- Argument: little cardio equipment. Counterargument: we compensate this by the presence of a crossfit zone and many types of high intensity classes, which allow you to spend quite as much calories.
Earlier, in the article “Revealing the client’s needs”, I already focused on why people make emotional decisions easier than rational. Absolutely reliable is the fact that in the field of emotional influence one can experiment quite successfully and since the channel of visual perception for the vast majority of people is prevailing (over auditory and tactile), during the presentation with a client you should concentrate your actions precisely on the formation of visual images. Just as with the demonstration of benefits, you should focus on associations with emotions.
- Factor: fitness club level. Association: Among our clients there are businessmen, bankers, actors and TV presenters. For sure, it’s a great atmosphere for establishing new business contacts.
- Factor: the presence of an aqua zone. Association: the pool is a silence, tranquility and serenity. After a hard and busy workday, it’s very pleasant to swim, to forget about work and just relax.
- Factor: personal trainers. Association: you don’t need to keep a training journal, nutrition diary, recovery plan, motivation list, and so on. Our personal trainers take care of all these concerns.
Involve the stories
A good administrator is always friendly, smiling and sociable. Thanks to this, he is not only familiar with regular customers, trainers, administrators, directors and owners, but also often communicates with them. This is an excellent feedback channel, thanks to which you can receive tons of information which is not related to your area of competence, but which in one form or another may be of interest to your potential or existing customers. So talking about presentation with a client, by showing him an example that “others do it”, he will subconsciously try on this situation on himself, which can make a significant impact on his decision-making.
- Location: gym. History: we had a girl who initially came only to keep in shape, but the results of the classes with the personal trainer impressed her so much that she even took part at regional fitness competitions and won a prize place there.
- Location: children’s room. History: one of our club members came with his little child. We asked our trainer with pedagogical degree to sit with him, as a result, both liked it so much that a children’s room soon opened in our fitness club.
- Location: fitness club. History: one of our trainers wrote a book. At some point, it happened that the owner of the publishing house signed up for his personal trainings. The trainer helped him to get fit, and he helped the trainer to publish the book.
Now, let’s draw a line under the stated material. During the presentation with a client in all of described above occasions, it’s also important to choose the right words. The point is that in your vocabulary you should always try to choose positive formulations, such as: “gives an excellent result”, “has a good effect”, “ensures high-quality progress”, “gives a lot of pleasure” and so on. Positive words create positive impressions, which in turn, lead client to positive decisions.
Author – Felix Palmer